MATTER: The Tote Bag
Rebuild: An Upcycling Collection. From 3 to 10 June, 60% of all profits from this collection will be contributed by Barehands to the Kutch Karuna Abhiyan's 'Covid Care For The Marginalised' Fund. The fund is targeting 1 lakh (100,000) families, 42 slums and 25% of the population in Bhuj, India.
All pieces are made to order in Singapore - takes estimated 1-3 weeks to arrive.
- Made by
- Covid Relief
- Fabric Care
Crafted by Mama Samy in Singapore
A self-taught seamstress for over 20 years. From upcycled masks to bags, every piece made by her is carefully stitched and quality checked - all in the comfort of her home.
- Drawstring closure, two handles, inner calico lining with one pocket
- Size: L45cm x W10cm x H42cm, Handle drop 28cm, Inner pocket W13.5cm & H14cm
- Material: Upcycled Ikat Fabric from MATTER Prints
- Note: Kimberly featured in the image is 155cm
Why you'll love this:
- Drawstring safety closure for the one who loses things along the way
- Carry it two ways; as a regular tote or with strings drawn
- Big enough for all your essential runs - woohoo!
As each piece is hand dyed, woven and stitched, a difference in print placements and possible colour run of raw elements may occur on the fabric.
About Kutch Karuna Abhiyan 'Covid Care For The Marginalised' Fund:
The fund is targetting 1 lakh (100,000) families, 42 slums and 25% of the population in Bhuj, India. All contributions will go to:
- Tele-medicine and e-consultation support
- Distribution of safety equipment and monitoring devices
- Communication campaign
- Community kitchens and tiffin systems
- Establishing quarantine centers
- Dedicated vaccination camps
Organisations involved: Kutch Mahila Vikas Sangathan, SETU Abhiyan, Khamir, K-Link Foundation, Hunnarshala Foundation
Supported by: Kutch Craft Collective, Kutch Nav Nirman Abhiyan, Homes in the City, Shishukunj International Foundation
- Handwash only with light detergent
- Separate from other clothings
- Don't soak
- Air dry
- Iron on medium heat